The names of 131 First World War soldiers missing in a Southwark cemetery are below.
These servicemen and women are known to be buried somewhere in Camberwell Old Cemetery, listed on the War Memorial as ‘Scattered Graves’.
Their war graves are at risk of being buried over or having roads built on top of them.
Southwark Council has been selling burial plots over the dead since 2013 without locating scattered war graves. The Commonwealth War Graves Commission only became involved late last year through publicity from Friends of Camberwell Cemeteries:
Now 48 war graves have been discovered to lie somewhere under one of Southwark’s new burial developments.
Many of the 131 come from Peckham, East Dulwich, Camberwell and Lewisham.
They come from across the services and from across the Commonwealth – Canadians and Australians included. Some have no family listed, some gave aliases to join up.
Several women are listed including Staff Nurse Bertha Vinter who died 30th May 1918, and Edith Olive Williams from the Women’s RAF (28th October 2018).
Many of the WW1 servicemen and women buried in the UK were injured in combat, transferred home and died from their injuries back here, sometimes many months later. These are people with families, not grave numbers.
Families have a right to know where their relatives’ war graves are and what Southwark is doing to them, and to ask for a Commonwealth War Graves Commission headstone to honour their sacrifice, if they wish.
If you know any of the missing 131 people listed below, please contact us, the CWGC and Southwark Council and ask them to stop development immediately:
email@example.com FAO Peter John
firstname.lastname@example.org FAO Victoria Wallace
Copy us FOCC: email@example.com
Come to the Family Day Sunday June 25th
and hear more about Southwark’s plans for the Camberwell Cemeteries.
1. Lieut. AITCHISON, DOUGLAS JAMES DoD:17/04/1918 [Royal Field Arty attd] RAF (Son of: Mrs. Aitchison, Beckenham, Kent, & the late James Aitchison).
2. Private ALLEN, WILLIAM JACOB DoD:29/05/1918 Duke Well. (W Riding Reg) Depot. (Unlisted family)
3. Ord. Seaman BAREHAM, FRANCIS ARKLE DoD:24/11/1918 RNVR,Crystal Palace Depot (Son of: Alice Bareham, 39, High St., Sydenham, Lon & the late Francis Arkle Bareham).
4. Private BATE, ALFRED JOSEPH STANHOPE DoD:19/11/1918 RAMC, 6th (London) Field Ambulance (Son of: Alfred Stanhope Bate & Elizabeth Bate, 23, Cornflower Terrace, Dunstans Rd., East Dulwich, London).
5. Private BATES, ARTHUR DoD:11/09/1917 Australian Inf., A.I.F., 41st Bn. (Unlisted family)
6. Lance Serj BEESLEY, S. C. R. DoD:29/10/1918 Army Pay Corps (Woolwich). (Son of: Thomas Edward &Mary Beesley, 130, Choumert Rd., Peckham, London).
7. Private BEST, THOMAS WILLIAM DoD: [20/01/ 1918] 26/04/1918 Sherwood Forest. (Notts & Derby Reg) 16th Bn. Husband of: E. Best, 54, Astbury Rd., Queen's Rd., Peckham,London).
8. Private BETTS, M. DoD: 06/12/1918 Roy Defence Corps, 2nd Protection Coy. (Unlisted family)
9. Private BEVIS, W. J. DoD: 01/01/1920 Machine Gun Corps (Inf..) 52nd Bn. (Son of: Henty & Caroline Bevis, Lambeth, London; Husband of: Ada Alice Bevis, 83, Tylecroft Rd., Norbury, London).
10. Private BLAKE, WILLIAM DoD: 15/01/1919 Roy Army Serv Corps Husband of: Emily Blake, Bella Vista, Stourghton Rd., Guilford).
11. Private BLUTE, FREDERICK DoD: 24/01/1916 National Reserve, Supernumerary Coy. Husband of: Margaret Blute, 52, Bells Garden Road, Peckham, Surrey. Served in the South African War).
12. Lead Seaman BRICE, CHARLES EDWARD DoD:04/11/1918 RN, H.M.T.B. "No. 7." (Husband of: Florence Edith Brice).
13. Corp BRIGDEN, WILLIAM JOSEPH DoD: 08/03/1921 Essex Reg, 1st Bn. (Unlisted family)
14. Lieut. BROWN, WILLIAM GEORGE DoD: 08/03/1919 Roy Naval Reserve [Unlisted] H.M.S. "Duchess Rothesay." (Husband of: F. M. Brown, 14, Bassano St., East Dulwich, London).
15. Lance Corp BUNCE, FREDERICK JAMES DoD: 24/10/1918 Roy Defence Corps 251st Coy. (Son of: James Howard Bunce & Gertrude Bunce; Husband of: Ethel Winifred Grace Bunce, 11, St. Donatt's Rd., Lewisham High Rd., Lewisham, London).
16. Private [Lance Cpl.] BURLEY, ERNEST CHARLES DoD: 08/06/1919 Queen's (Roy W. Surrey Reg) [Labour Corps & Queen's] 3rd Bn. (Husband of: Priscilla Burley, 135 Athenlay Rd, Nunhead, London).
17. Signaller CLAYTON, EDWARD WILLIAM DoD: 02/04/1919 RNVR, H.M.P.M.S. "Glen Usk." (Unlisted family)
18. Co Quart. Serj COATES, J. DoD: 06/02/1919 Northamptonshire Reg Depot. CHECK: "C.QMB" or "C.QMP"
19. Private CONSTABLE, W. DoD: 20/05/1919 Gordon Highlanders Depot (late Garr. Bn.). (Unlisted family)
20. Private CORDALL, ARCHIBALD KAY DoD: 24/10/1918 Cheshire Reg 1st Bn. (Husband of: Emily Florence Millicent Cordall, 256, Lordship Lane, East Dulwich, London).
21. Private CRAIG, JOHN GORDON INGLIS DoD: 05/01/1919
22. Air Mech DAVIS, WILLIAM EDWARD DoD: 19/10/1918 RAF, No. 10 Mechal Transport Repair Depot. (Son of: John B. Davis; Husband of: Ethel May Lawrence (formerly Davis), 148, Fifth Avenue, Queen's Park, North Kensington, London).
23. Lance Cpl DAY, SIDNEY JAMES DoD: 12/02/1919 [Labour Corps &] Manchester Reg 28th Bn. (Son of: Mary Ann Day, 27, Cowan St, Camberwell, London).
24. Gunner ESCOTT, J. D. W. DoD: 16/06/1918 Roy Field Artillery 49th Reserve Bty. (Son of: Daniel & Nellie Escott, General Stores, South St., Rochford, Essex).
25. Flight Cadet EVERETT, FRANK SAILER DoD: 08/10/1918 RAF (Son of: Mr. W. R. Everett, 18, Athenlay Rd., Nunhead, London).
26. Private FISHER, G. DoD: 23/11/1918 [Roy] Army Serv Corps Mechal Transport Reception & Training Area (L.C.C.). (Unlisted family)
27. Private FULLJAMES, HARRY GEORGE DoD: 08/01/1918 Australian Engineers 2nd Div. Signal Coy. [Served as JAMES, H G]. (Son of: Harry George &Emily Fulljames, 17, Wells Place, Camberwell London).
28. 2nd Lieut. GASTER, PERCY STUART DoD: [21/01/--] 21/04/1918 RAF, No. 18 Training Sqdn. (Son of: Percy & Mabel Sherwood Gaster, 20, Strafford Rd., Twickenham, Middx.)
29. Able Seaman GLASS, S J DoD: 19/10/1917 RN H.M.S. "P. 14." (Unlisted family)
30. Airman GLEED, ALBERT JOHN DoD: 17/02/1919 RAF, 60th Sqdn. (Only Son of: Charles William John & Emma Gleed, 12, Pentridge St., Peckham, London).
31. Boy 2nd Cl. GLEN, WILLIAM DoD: 05/10/1918 RN, H.M.S. "Powerful." (Son of: William &Hannah Glen, O'Connor Avenue, Ryde, Sydney, New South Wales.)
32. Private GREEN, GEORGE THOMAS DoD: 31/10/1918 [Roy] Army Serv Corps 978th Mechal Transport Coy. (Claydon) (Unlisted family)
33. Lieut. HALL, HERBERT JOHN ELLIOTT DoD: 07/02/1919 Roy Field Artillery (Unlisted family)
34. Private HARRISON, SAMUEL DoD: 31/10/1914 Roy Marine Light Inf. H.M.S. "Hermes." (Son of: James & Louise Harrison, Camberwell, London; Husband of: Charlotte Harrison, 119, St. John's Rd., Walthamstow, London).
35. Driver HARWOOD, LOUIS DoD: 23/07/1916 Can Army Serv Corps ((Brother Mrs. Ellen Church, 2190, St. Hubert Street, Montreal).
36. Private HATHAWAY, G H DoD: 26/07/1919 Queen's (Roy W.SurreyReg) [Queen's only listed] Depot (Unlisted family).
37. Private HAWKES, JESSE DoD: 24/11/1920 Queen's (Roy W.Kent Reg) 10th Bn. (Son of: Emma Hawkes; Husband of: Susannah Hawkes, Newington).
38. Private HAYLETT, STUART DoD: 06/10/1919 London Reg (Roy Fusiliers) 2nd/4th Bn. (Unlisted family)
39. Private HUGHES, P. C. 12/07/1916 [Roy] Army Serv Corps, (Hereford) [1916 faulty] (Son: Charles Sanders Hughes & Annie Hughe, 86, Green Street, Hereford).
40. Private JAMES, H. G. DoD: 08/01/1918 ALIAS (FullJames) See "FULLJAMES," the true family name.
41. Private JORDAN, A. S. DoD: 15/04/1915 Duke Cornwall's Light Inf. 1st Bn. (Unlisted family)
42. Priv. 2nd Cl. KELLERS, A. C. DoD: 04/07/1918 RAF (Unlisted family)
43. Private KENT, WILLIAM HENRY DoD: 31/05/1917 [98th Training Res.Bn.] Training Reserve 98th Bn. (Son of: William H. Kent, 3, Copeland Avenue, Copeland Rd., Rye Lane, Peckham, London).
44. Private KING, R. C. DoD: 30/08/1917 Tank Corps (Son of: J. C. King; Husband of: Lily Frances King, 218, Bridge Rd., Battersea, London).
45. 2nd Lieut. KIRTON, RALPH IMRAY DoD: 22/11/1918 [K. O. Scottish Bdrs &] RAF (Son of: Charles Imray Kirton & Lilian Kirton, Ashville, Honor Oak, London).
46. Private LANE, J. T. DoD: 3/05/1919 London Reg,22nd Bn. (Son of: Elizabeth Lane, Camberwell; Husband of: Edith Mary Lane, 12, New Church Rd., Camberwell, London).
47. Corp LANSDELL, EDWARD DoD: [24/03/--] 21/03/1918 London Reg 24th Bn. (Son of: Thomas & Eliza Lansdell, 7, Leaf House, 72, Peckham Rd., Peckham, London).
48. Private LAWRENCE, C. DoD: 29/09/1917 Australian Inf., A.I.F. 9th Bn. (Unlisted family)
49. Captain L. E. [as I E] CHAVETOIS GRANTLEY ADOLPHE DoD: 22/01/1918 London Reg 22nd Bn. (Son of: the late Adolphe Pierre Le Chavetois & Minnie Le Chavetois, 49, The Gardens, East Dulwich, London, Born at Southampton.
50. Co Quart. Serj LLOYD, HAROLD JAMES LYNE DoD: 03/11/1918 [City of London] London Reg (Roy Fusiliers) 29th Bn. [C.QMR.] (Son of: James & Constance Lloyd; Husband of: Dorothy Lloyd, 14C, Lewis Buildings, Warner Rd., Camberwell,London).
51. Private LONGLEY, EDWARD HAROLD DoD: 9/11/1918 [Roy] Army Serv Corps "C" Coy. (Aldershot) (Son of: Charles Longley (M.P.S., Chemist), 52, Ivanhoe Rd., Camberwell, London; Husband of: Dora Longley.
52. Corp MARR, JAMES NEIL THOMSON DoD: 03/11/1916 Army Serv Corps (Unlisted family)
53. Rifleman MARSHALL, W. S. DoD: 15/09/1918 London Reg (London Irish Rifles) "B" Coy. (Son of: Mr. F. A. &Mrs. F. L. Marshall, 31, Grantbridge St., Barnsbury, London).
54. Gunner MARTIN, WILLIAM REGINALD DoD: 11/10/1918 Roy Field Artillery "B" Bty. 165th Bde. (Unlisted family)
55. Private MAYBAUM, GUSTAV ALFRED DoD: 23/04/1918 London Reg,1st/24th Bn. (Son of: Ludwig & Katherine Maybaum, East Dulwich).
56. Private MAYHEW, WALTER TALBOT DoD: 10/07/1919 Roy Army Serv Corps (Husband of: Mrs. H. H. A. B. Larcombe (formerly Mayhew). Lived at 14 Lettsom Street, Camberwell, London).
57. Private MAYNARD, ALBERT JOHN DoD: 09/02/1917 London Reg, 24th Bn. (Son of: Mr. W. J. E. & Mrs. E. Maynard, 52, Elm Grove, Peckham, London).
58. Driver MITCHELL, FRANK JAMES DoD: 30/10/1918 Roy Field Artillery "B" Bty. 56th Bde. (Son of: Mr. A. Mitchell, 92, Clayton Rd., Peckham, Lon)
59. Lance Corp MORGAN, BERTIE THOMAS DoD: 06/10/1916 London Reg (1st Surrey Rifles) 1st/21st Bn. (Son of: Mary Anne Morgan, 1 York Terrace, Astbury Road, Peckham, London).
60. Able Seaman MORRIS, ERNEST JOHN DoD: 19/05/1921 RN, H.M.S. "Victory I" (Unlisted family)
61. Pioneer McAULIFFE, T DoD:18/01/1920 Roy Engineers, Tyne Electrical Engineers (Unlisted family)
62. Able Seaman McKENZIE, ALBERT EDWARD DoD: 03/11/1918 RN, H.M.S. "Vindictive." (Son of: Alexander & Eliza McKenzie, 1, Shorncliffe Rd., Old Kent Rd., London). [Location of grave known]
63. Private NEWBOLD, H. E. DoD: 19/10/1918 [Roy] Army Serv Corps M.T. Depot (Isleworth) (Son of: Harry Edward & Ellen Dowe Newbold, 59, Lyndhurst Grove, Peckham, London).
64. Private NIX, G. DoD: 17/05/1916 Suffolk Reg 10th Bn. (Husband of: Mrs. E. Nix, 29, Garsdale Rd., Peckham, London).
65. Air Mechic NORRIS, W. H. DoD: 15/12/1916 Roy Flying Corps (Unlisted family)
66. Private NORTON, STANLEY DoD: 06/10/1916 London Reg (Roy Fusiliers) 4th Bn. (Son of: Joseph &Hannah Marshall Norton, 64, Arnott Rd., East Dulwich, London).
67. Private PAINE, H. E. DoD: 29/10/1920 Somerset Light Inf. 8th Bn. (Son of: Mrs. Elizabeth Paine, 181, Sumner Rd., Peckham, London).
68. Private PALMER, CECIL DUNDAS DoD: 13/08/1918 [Roy] Army Serv Corps Mechal Transport. (Son of: Alexander Douglas Greenlaw Palmer & Harriett Palmer, Cheltenham; Husband of: Frances Ellen Palmer, 68, Grove Park, Denmark Hill, London).
69. Lieut. PARISH, JESSE HUGH DoD: 28/02/1919 Roy Garrison Artillery (Son of: John Archibald & Harriette Leah Parish, 5, Bassett Rd., North Kensington, London).
70. Rifleman PEARCE, E. H. DoD: 18/05/1915 London Reg (The Rangers) 12th Bn. (Unlisted family)
71. Lieut. PERKINS GUY STRUTHERS DoD: 23/11/1915 Roy Marine Light Inf. Deal Bn. R.N. Div. (Unlisted family)
72. Gunner PEW, STANLEY HERBERT DoD: 22/05/1918 [Labour Corps &] Roy Field Artillery (Brother H. E. Pew, 2, Dundas Rd, Peckham,London).
73. Private PITTMAN, HAROLD MONTAGUE DoD: 04/12/1918 Labour Corps (Son of: Herbert & Caroline Pittman; Husband of: May Pittman, 114, Crystal Palace Rd., East Dulwich, London).
74. Private PLYMIN, A. C. DoD: 22/10/1918 Lancashire Hussars (Unlisted family)
75. Air Mech PORTWINE, HARRY DoD: 02/12/1917 Roy Naval Air Serv (Unlisted family)
76. Gunner PRIGG, HARRY DoD: 07/02/1918 Roy Field Artillery R.A. Comm & Depot. (Son of: Alfred &Louisa Jane Prigg; Husband of: Eveleen Matilda Prigg, 20, Acanthus Rd., Lavender Hill, Battersea, Lon Native Dulwich, London).
77. Sapper PROCTER, WILLIAM CHARLES GILDER DoD: 26/10/1916 Australian Engineers 2nd Div. Signal Coy (Son of: James &Charlotte Bishop Procter. Native St. Kilda, Victoria, Australia.
78. Private QUAIF, HERBERT ARTHUR DoD: 25/11/1916 London Reg (Prince Wales' Own Civil Serv Rifles) 15th Bn. (Son of: Mr. W. H. Quaif, I, Rosenthorpe Rd., Ivydale Rd., Nunhead, London).
79. Private QUINN, M. J. DoD: 05/05/1916 Can Army Med. Corps (Unlisted family)
80. Lance Corp QUIRK, JAMES JOSEPH DoD: 08/05/1918 Middlesex Reg, Depot. (Son of: Patrick & Eleanor Margaret Quirk, 1, Choumert Square, Peckham,London).
81. Private READ, W. DoD:10/01/1917 ALIAS (Furlong) See "FURLONG," the true family name.
82. Private REMON, WALTER THOMAS DoD: 05/09/1917 London Reg (Roy Fusiliers) 2nd Bn. (Husband of: Rebecca Remon, 25, Havil St., Camberwell,London).
83. Private RENOUF, NORMAN WILLIAM DoD: 18/11/1918 Army Pay Corps (Son of: Charles Philip & Harriet Renouf, 83, Crystal Palace Rd., East Dulwich,London).
84. Private ROBERTS, JAMES ALAN DoD: 14/02/1918 Can Inf., 43rd Bn. (Son of: James Roberts, 150, Upland Rd., East Dulwich, London).
85. Private ROBINSON, J. E. DoD: 11/12/1917 The Buffs (East Kent Reg), 10th (R. East Kent &W. Kent Yeomanry) Bn. (Unlisted family)
86. Serj Maj ROBINSON, JOHN ROBERT 16/07/1918 [Roy] Army Veterinary Corps, 4th Reserve Vet. Hosp. (Son of: John Robinson, Southwark, London; Husband of: Ellen Sarah Robinson, Rozel Villa, Rancliffe Rd., East Ham, Lon Served in the South African Campaign.
87. Private ROFFEY, CHARLES DoD: 01/03/1919 Australian Inf., A.I.F. 45th Bn. [AIF duplicate] (Son of: George & Eliza Roffey, 20, Ulverscroft Rd., East Dulwich, London).
88. Private ROUTLEY, G. DoD: 18/02/1919 ALIAS (Hart) See "HART," the true family name.
89. Rifleman RUMBLE, ERIC EXTON DoD: 08/10/1916 London Reg (1st Surrey Rifles), 21st Bn. (Son of: the late Joseph Percy &Jane Ann Rumble.
90. Private RUTH, GEORGE HENRY DoD: 26/10/1916 Durham Light Inf.,3rd Bn. (Son of: George Ebenezer Ruth, 96, Evelina Rd., Nunhead, London).
91. Private SAUNDERS, JOHN DoD: 01/02/1915 [Roy] Army Serv Corps 52nd Mechal Transport Coy. (Aldershot) (Husband of: Mary Saunders, 2, Goulstone Cottages, Lovegrove St., Old Kent Rd., London).
92. Bombardier SAYER, FREDERICK HENRY DoD: 19/08/1916 Roy Field Artillery,"B" Bty. 190th Bde. (Son of: Alfred & Emily Agnes Sayer, 26, Rosenthorpe Rd., Ivydale Rd., Nunhead,London).
93. Rifleman SCOREY, C. F. DoD: 15/02/1915 Rifle Brigade, 3rd Bn. (Son of: William & Emily Scorey, 36, Coleman Rd., Camberwell, London).
94. Private SEARCH, HAROLD JAMES DoD: 27/11/1915 London Reg "D" Coy. 24th Bn. (Son of: Arthur & Caroline Search, 14, Huguenot Rd., Peckham Rye, London).
95. Private SENTANCE,ALBERT CYRIL DoD: 07/02/1917 [Roy] Army Serv Corps 3rd Mob. Coy. (Larkhill) (Husband of: Harriet Edith Sentance, 256, Crystal Palace Rd., East Dulwich,London).
96. Corp SHARPLIN, FREDERICK ALFRED DoD: 01/01/1920 RAF (Son of: Thomas George Sharplin &Susan Jane Sharplin, 50, Clifton Cresent, Peckham, London).
97. Serj SHORTHOUSE, ARTHUR THOMAS DoD: [20/10/--] 29/10/1916 (Roy Garrison Artillery, Anti-Aircraft Depot. (Husband to Florence Bessie Shorthouse, 117 Chatteris Square, New Kent Road, Newington, London).
98. Lieut. SMITH, ARTHUR LESLIE DoD: 22/08/1917 [Seaforth Highrs &] Roy Flying Corps (Son of: J. F. Smith, 52, Jemingham Rd., New Cross, London; Husband of: Emily Augusta Smith, "Glengarry," Christchurch, Hants.
99. Driver SMITH, B. W. DoD: 16/11/1915 Roy Field Artillery 166th Bde. (Unlisted family)
100. Rifleman SMITH, HAROLD CURTIS DoD: 12/03/1916 London Reg (Queen's Westminster Rifles) 16th Bn. (Son of: Edward William &Elizabeth Smith, 16, Tresco Rd., Linden Grove, Nunhead, London).
101. Drummer SMITH, J. W. DoD:14/05/1917 Scots Guards Depot. (Unlisted family)
102. 2nd Lieut. SMITH, SYDNEY BICHENO DoD: 01/12/1918 Roy Garrison Artillery (Son of: Frances & the late William Augustus Sydney Smith; Husband of: Dorothy May Kennedy Smith, 18, Hedge Lane, Palmer's Green, Lon Clerk in Holy Orders.
103. Gunner SMITH, W. C. DoD: 22/04/1918 Roy Garrison Artillery 306th Siege Bty. (Son of: William & Caroline Smith, East Dulwich, London; Husband of: Constance L. Smith, 8, Kimplay Rd., Hampstead, London).
104. Rifleman SMITH, WILLIAM JAMES DoD: 12/07/1917 London Reg (1st Surrey Rifles) 21st Bn. (Husband of: Lydia A. A. Smith, 3, Surrey St., Worthing).
105. Corp SNOWDEN, JAMES DoD:10/12/1918 RAF No. 1 Aeroplane Park. (Son of: Christopher Snowden, 33, Clifton Rd., Peckham, Lon Native Chichester).
106. Captain SPIEGELHALTER, LEO 30/04/1918 [??] Corp Army School mastrs Inspector Army Schools. (Son of: the late Leo & Emily Spiegelhalter, London; Husband of: Louisa Catherine Salter (formerly Spiegelhalter), 4, Colyton Rd., East Dulwich, London).
107. Serj STAGG, V G DoD:06/02/1919 Roy Engineers (Husband of: Rhoda Stagg, 189, Relenin Rd., Small Heath, Birmingham).
108. Private STARK, CYRIL WILLIAM GEORGE DoD: 30/12/1915 [Roy] Army Ordnance Corps, Depot (Woolwich) (Son of: William George & Clara Anna Amelia Stark, 174, Underhill Rd., East Dulwich, London).
109. 2nd Corp STRANGE, F. F. DoD: 29/02/1920 Roy Engineers, 29th Broad Gauge Operating Coy. (Son of: William Herbert & Alice Strange, 24, Nigel Rd., Peckham, London. Born at Southampton).
110. Rifleman STRUCKETT, WILLIAM JOHN DoD: 02/09/1918 King's Roy Rifle Corps (Husband to Grace Matilda Struckett, 43 Northway Road, Camberwell, London).
111. Private STRUTT, (no initials listed) DoD: 13/11/1918 Roy Fusiliers,52nd Bn. (Unlisted family)
112. Private THACKER, CHARLES FREDERICK DoD: 04/01/1921 King's Reg(Liverpool),25th Bn. (Son of: George & Eliza Thacker, Peckham; Husband of: Helena Mary Thacker, 116, Copleston Rd., Peckham, London).
113. Serj THOMPSON, G. R. DoD: 24/07/1917 [Roy] Army Veterinary Corps, Depot. (Husband of: Mrs. J. Thompson, 4, Hildreth St., Balham, London).
114. Private THOMPSON, H. DoD: 04/05/1916 [Roy] Army Serv Corps,52nd Mechal Transport Coy. (Aldershot) (Son of: Henry &Mary Thompson; Husband of: Daisy R. Thompson, 3, Sturdy Rd., Peckham, London).
115. 2nd Lieut. THOMSON, WARDLAW IVOR DoD:06/06/1917 Roy Flying Corps,27th Reserve Sqdn. Only (Son of: Mrs. M. Ethel Thomson & the late W. B. Thomson, Wynberg, Cape Town.)
116. Private THORN, REGINALD HARRY DoD: 22/06/1915 London Reg, 7th Bn. (Son of: Harry George Thorn, 7, Dudley Place, Paddington, London).
117. Lead Airman TIPSON, H. G. DoD: 15/03/1919 RAF, Stores Park (Ely). (Son of: Fredrick S. Tipson, 100, Hill St., Peckham, London).
118. Private TOMLINSON, A. DoD: 09/09/1919 London Reg, 22nd Bn. (Husband of: Mrs. R. Tomlinson, 52, Cowan St., Albany Rd., Camberwell, London).
119. Private TOURNAY, H. J. DoD: 14/10/1918 London Reg,7th Bn. (Son of: Mr. G. H. Tournay, 14, Tugela St., Catford, London).
120. Staff Nurse VINTER, BERTHA DoD: 30/05/1918 Terr. Forc Nursing Serv 2nd Lon General Hospital. Daughter Mrs. Vinter, 113, Wyndham Rd., Camberwell, London).
121. Private WALDING, A. E. DoD: 31/10/1918 London Reg, 32nd Bn. (Unlisted family)
122. Corp WALLACE, WALTER ERNEST DoD: 28/03/1915 RAMC Son of: Thomas & Richarda Edwards Wallace, 44, Garden Rd., Peckham Rye, London).
123. Corp WARD, EDWIN JAMES DoD: 05/11/1918 Roy Engineers R.R. Cable Section. (Son of: Edwin &Millicent Ward; Husband of: L. M. Megenis (formerly Ward), 19, Trafalgar Square, Peckham Park Rd., Peckham, London).
124. Private WARREN, GEORGE EDWARD DoD: 13/09/1916 RAMC 30th Coy. (Malta) (Husband of: Sarah Sophia Warren, 51, Warrior Rd., Camberwell, London).
125. Air Mech WASSELL, A. E. DoD: 14/12/1917 Roy Flying Corps No. 3 Stores Depot (Unlisted family)
126. Serj WEBB, FREDERICK WILLIAM DoD: 02/11/1916 King's Roy Rifle Corps 10th Bn. (Unlisted family)
127. Sapper WEBSTER, A. DoD: 23/10/1918 Roy Engineers Road Quarry Troops Depot. (Unlisted family)
128. Driver WELLS, JAMES JOHN DoD: 05/10/1914 Roy Engineers Lon Army Troops Air Line Signal Coy. (Son of: James Andrew &Rose Wells, 52, Anstey Rd., Peckham, London).
129. Wheeler WHITE, HENRY DoD:21/01/1918 Roy Field Artillery 1206th Bty. (Son of: Peter & Susan White, 36, Pepler Rd., Camberwell, London; Husband of: Rose Annie White, 2, Olmar St., Ossory Rd., Old Kent Rd.,London).
130. Airman WILKINSON, WILLIAM ALFRED DoD: 23/10/1919 RAF (Son of: Thomas &Annetta Wilkinson, London).
131. Member WILLIAMS, EDITH OLIVE DoD: 28/10/1918 Women's RAF, 1st Stores Depot. Daughter Alice M. Greenfield, 10A, Staveley Rd., Asylum Rd., Peckham, London).
132. Able Seaman WOOD, JOSEPH WILLIAM DoD: 26/03/1920 RN, H.M.S. "Tourmaline." (Son of: Mr. &Mrs. W. Wood, 56, Neate St., Camberwell, London).
133. Rifleman WOOD, STANLEY FREDERIC DoD: 0/12/1918 London Reg (Lon.Rif.Brig.), 5th Bn. (Son of: Henry William & Ellen Wood, "Craigholm," Canonbie Rd., Honor Oak, London).
134. Rifleman YOUNG, PERCIVAL AUGUSTUS DoD: 28/09/1916 London Reg (City Lon Rifles), 6th Bn. (Unlisted family)